Friday, September 20, 2013

Lavender Simple Syrup

 I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely wild about lavender. I think it all comes from my mother, seeing as it's one of her favourite scents. I love lavender in most things; shortbread, macaroons, soda pops. So when A Beautiful Mess posted their Lavender Iced Coffee recipe, I was hooked. I literally hunted down some lavender and made it the next day.

Seeing as I don't drink coffee, and haven't for over two years now, I was quick to make my adaptation! I traded in coffee for Earl Grey Tea, to do my take on a London Fog. I call it, the Lavender London Fog. Inventive name, I know (hehehe). If you haven't made simple syrup before, do not fear. It's called simple syrup for a reason. It's easy as pie! It's just sugar and water on the stove for about 10 minutes or so, just add your flavour of choice. That being said do check out Elsie's recipe here, as she puts it much more eloquently than I! 


Enjoy!!!

Love,
CP

No comments:

Post a Comment