Yoga and dance go together very well, so I have been trying studios all over the city, with just the West Moksha Yoga Edmonton to go!
I have discovered through talking to people (both theatre and normal people), that there is some racism between Moksha and Bikram yogis. I get it- people have favourites and some just can't handle 90 minutes of hotness. But let us not be haters, if you are a strictly Bikram yoga goer, why not try Moksha and switch it up a bit!
I look at it this way.
-If you feel like knowing what you're getting yourself into, so you can focus on technique and what not - Bikram is your man!
-If you feel like a challenge, enjoy surprises, and possibly want a shorter class - Go Moksha.
Don't be afraid to change it up!!!
#1: Bikram Yoga West Edmonton Even though it isn't the closest to me, it is my #1 choice of hot yoga studios in Edmonton.
- The best smelling Bikram studio in the city!
- An amazingly friendly and supportive staff.
- Great smooth and solid floor.
- A lovely frosted window.
- Only $20 for first timers- 8 days unlimited!
Fun Fact: This is where I took my first hot yoga class ever!
#2 Moksha Yoga Edmonton (South and West) I wish you were closer Moksha!!! Unfortunately it takes me an hour busing 1 way to get to either of these studios.
- The most beautiful and spacious yoga studio I have ever been in.
- Amazing change rooms and showers
- Free natural mat disinfectant!
- Cork flooring
- Beautiful frosted windows
- Only $20 for first timers- 7 days unlimited!
Fun Fact: This is my best friend B's favourite studio!
#3: Birkam Yoga Edmonton - 124th Street The down town hot yoga place.
- Great location
#4: Bikram Yoga Edmonton - Strathcona The Whyte Ave hot yoga place.
- Great location
Fun Fact: They used to have carpeted floors... figure that one out!