Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Royal Opera House & Afternoon Tea

Hello Friends! I hope everyone is having a good February. This month has probably been the most exciting month for me so far of my time here in the UK. As well as my trip to Paris and Scotland, I was also lucky enough to watch two Ballets at the Royal Opera House within the span of two weeks. As most of you know, I work front of House at the ROH, one of the best Opera/Ballet houses in the world. It's been such a pleasure working there and I'm very sad that I have less than a month left. I've learnt so much about Opera, which was relatively new to me, and I've also rekindled my love for ballet. 

[ I had to get a shot of me in Orchestra Stalls lovin' life ]

The first ballet that I had the pleasure of watching was the Romantic Ballet, Giselle. It was my first time seeing it and I really, really enjoyed it. I think a big part of it was because my favourite male Ballet dancer, Federico Bonelli, was playing the leading man. Swoon. He's just the nicest, most handsome guy ever. 

[ Margot Fonteyn ]

After the ballet this handsome guy took me out for Afternoon Tea. It was a day of firsts for Remi. He'd never been to the ballet before, or gone out for Afternoon Tea. It was a special day indeed! 

So after a week long holiday I topped it all off with another trip to the ballet. I am the luckiest duck in the world, I know! Yesterday evening I saw the latest triple bill, Rhapsody/Tetractys/ Gloria. Unfortunately due to injury during the matinee performance Tetractys was not performed. I was a bit disappointed I'm not going to lie, but I'm SO thankful that the upcoming superstar, Natalia Osipova only suffered a mild concussion and would be back dancing shortly. Isn't that crazy, no sweat it's just a mild concussion. Ballerinas aren't just tough. They are the toughest. 

[ cheeky glass of champagne ]  

[ blouse: vintage - cardigan: Primark - skirt: vintage - bag: vintage - lipstick: Mac, Ruby Woo]
  
One of my favourite parts of that evening was watching Carlos Acosta perform in Gloria. I think it's my favourite role I've seen him in. I'm going to miss the Royal Opera House, but I know I will be back for lots of visits. Here's to the future!


Thanks for reading!

Love,
CP


3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having so much fun, I'm so jealous. That and your pictures are wonderful I would have loved to see the ballet and those treats look tasty! Hope all is well with you :)

    XO Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're time in London is almost over! Can't wait to catch up, my dear :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the ROH! That glass restaurant area at the top is so gorgeous. Love that you had a good time there. XXX

    ReplyDelete