Wednesday, September 10, 2014

In a year.

Hi Blog Land!

It's been ages, how are you doing? Sorry I've been missing in action, but I've had a lovely/busy summer and I hope that you have too!

I just had my 25th Birthday, isn't that crazy! I'm definitely feeling a bit older, especially as I'm taking some drop-in classes at Harbour Dance Centre this week, and compared to the 19 year olds, there are definitely some differences between us. I'm not just talking about lady curves or the fact that they look like children to me, but I've noticed a difference in my dancing. A maturity (hopefully).

I think a major thing that's really sunk in for me this year is that you have to embrace yourself. I know you're all thinking, DUHH! But it's surprisingly harder than you think. I like dancing big. I like pushing myself and I like to tell a story. I think this summer I have really started enjoying to dance the way I want to dance. Something I had always heard growing up was "watch your in-between steps and transitions" and I think I'm finally doing it. I always understood what it meant, but I had a hard time applying it. It's something that I've been focusing on for many years and now I'm starting to see it and feel it when I dance. I've learnt time after time that dancing makes me happy. And that I am usually happiest when dancing. So this year, I'm going to try and dance. A lot! To keep motivated and learning, because it's something I love to do!

So much has changed in this past year. Last year I celebrated my birthday in Brighton. This year I was at home for my birthday for the first time in 8 years! I am now back in Canada for good (for now) and I am excited to focus on my career and self improvement!

Those are some of my goals for this up coming year, I can't wait to dance, dance, dance!

This is a shot from one of my fringe shows Letters and Words. Photo by Heiko Ryll.

Do you guys have any goals for the upcoming season? 

Thanks for tuning in!

Love,
CP


No comments:

Post a Comment