Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Recipes of the Week: Part 3

+ one of my favourite lunches to make these days.
- I tend to leave out the avocado so it keeps longer. 
- I also tend to leave out the herbs and spices, because I love how simple and fresh the flavour is without the extras. 

Wicked Watermelon Slushy by Raw Food Recipes
+ So yummy, that you feel like you're eating something bad for you (if that can be a plus?)
- I only used 1 cup of watermelon (because I was using a magic bullet and 2 wouldn't fit). Still tasted amazing! 
+ I had to add a little bit of water so that it would fully blend

- I had to use Jasmine rice, as that's all we had.
- Didn't have a red pepper. It still tasted ok, but I think it would definitely add some moisture and sweetness. 
+ I would definitely use an egg next time. They really fell apart on me, but they were still tasty. 

 Watermelon Mint Feta Salad by SweetSugarBean
+So darn refreshing and tasty.
- I didn't use any basil or olive oil for a bit of a sweeter finish.



Pinterest for the win!!! Here are some more amazing finds! There's definitely a bit of a summer theme going on this week, but who says you can't enjoy the warmer month flavours when the leaves start to fall!

If I had to rank these recipes I think I would go with: 


Enjoy and let me know which is your favourite??? Also here's WEEK 1 and WEEK 2! And if you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, you can do so here

Love, 
CP 




4 comments:

  1. Uh, these all sound AMAZING! Cook for me sometime, will ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that watermelon feta salad looks soooooooo good!!!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's SOOO yummy! I hope you enjoy them :) I just made the Mediterranean Quinoa Salad again! Delish!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete