Thursday, September 25, 2014

Morning Muffins

Morning Muffins, I'm obsessed!
Recently my family has been on a bit of a health kick and I love it. As a result my brother and I have taken up juicing! I don't know if any of you make your own fresh juice, but if you do you'll know that it creates a lot of pulp. There are lots of great recipes for using this pulp, but most of the time it just gets composted. I remembered making muffins after some juicing fun with my friend Matt in Edmonton and I decided to try and find a recipe that was relatively healthy, when I found this amazing recipe. There is quite a bit of sugar in it, but they're all natural sugars! 

(PS. don't mind the nail polish)

The verdict...ok, these are amazing!!! I used apple, carrot, and ginger pulp to create a carrot bread type muffin. Not too sweet, but delicious! Especially when they're still warm from the oven! I even used some houndstooth paper cups! I've made this recipe twice now and each time they have been a great success. Ps. Little ones love them too! 

Let me know if you're into juicing! Do you have any yummy pulp recipes? 

Love, 
CP 

No comments:

Post a Comment