Wednesday, July 24, 2013

To Brighton We Go

This Monday I made my first trip down to Brighton with two of my best pals, Sam and Darragh. Sam and I met up around 10am to get our tickets from Victoria Station and then met up with the lovely, Darragh down south. We arrived in Brighton around 11:30am on one of the hottest days of the year so far. It was absolutely boiling.

We stopped in shops along the Lanes and Sam even found this glorious new hat. We had a lot of fun looking through these old travel adverts.
 We quickly made our way to the beach, where we spent most of our day. We each rented out one of these colourful beach chairs and got right down to relaxing. We had a ball just chatting, sitting and of course, people watching.

I'm as happy as a clam in this one.

 Trying on Sam's new hat.

 We took a break from all of the sunshine and went and bought some lunch. We all decided that it was a fish'n'chips kinda day.
 We followed up lunch by grabbing some ice cold Gelato and making a wee Tesco run to grab some drinks for later in the evening.
 One of the slightly hilarious/strange events that happened during the day, was that a man wearing a suit came to the beach and handed out these ginormous coke water bottles. Apparently everyone was very desperate to get there hands on a new water bottle. Like seagulls to bread, I tell you! It was terrifying, hence Sam's reaction.

As the sun started to go down, we decided to slide our shoes back on and go for a walk along the pier. 

Of course taking many hilarious selfies along the way.
We did a lap around the pier and after we decided it was time for dinner! We opted for a picnic style supper, with a bottle or two of prosecco! Is there any other way to end the day? 
We enjoyed a magnificent sunset.
All in all it was an amazing day! Filled with a lot of laughs, sunshine and food. I hope that me and my pals get to go on another trip like this very soon. 


Thanks for tuning in! 

Love,
CP

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful summer post, so colorful and fun. I wish I were in brighton!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! Isn't Brighton just the best! I wish I had more money to do some shopping, there was SO much vintage as you well know!!! Cx

      Delete
  2. looks like so much fun! you need to get your own hat like Sam's! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures, love your hat!!

    http://lilyzab.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had an amazing time there! Your hat goes so nicely with your lipstick! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete